I gradudated from Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Washington in Sept 2015. My research interests include Information Extraction, Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning. My advisor was Dan Weld. I have also collaborated with Luke Zettlemoyer, Sameer Singh, and Yejin Choi.
Email: xiaoling followed by cs dot washington dot edu
- Effective Crowd Annotation for Relation Extraction. In North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (NAACL), 2016. [bib]
- Design Challenges for Entity Linking. Transactions of the Association for Computational Linguistics, 2015. [slides] [bib]
- Context Representation for Named Entity Linking. In Pacific Northwest Regional NLP Workshop (NW-NLP), 2014. [poster] [bib]
- Extracting Meronyms for a Biology Knowledge Base using Distant Supervision. In Automated Knowledge Base Construction (AKBC) 2013: The 3rd Workshop on Knowledge Extraction at CIKM 2013 in San Francisco, October 27-28, 2013. [poster] [bib]
- Synthesizing Union Tables from the Web. In Proceedings of the Twenty-Third international joint conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI), 2013. [poster] [bib]
- Fine-Grained Entity Recognition. In Proceedings of AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), 2012. [Code] [bib]
- Knowledge-Based Weak Supervision for Information Extraction of Overlapping Relations. In Proceedings of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), 2011. [source code] [bib]
- Temporal Information Extraction. In Proceedings of the Twenty-Fourth Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 2010). Atlanta, GA. July 2010. [Online Appendix] [Slides] [bib]
- Xiao Ling, Wenyuan Dai, Gui-Rong Xue, Yong Yu. "Spectral Domain-Transfer Learning". In Proceedings of the 14th ACM SIGKDD international conference on Knowledge discovery and data mining (SIGKDD 2008), 2008. (pdf)
- Xiao Ling, Wenyuan Dai, Yun Jiang, Gui-Rong Xue, Qiang Yang and Yong Yu: "Can Chinese Web Pages be Classified with English Data Source?". In Proceedings of the 17th international conference on World Wide Web (WWW 2008), 2008. (pdf)
- Xiao Ling, Wenyuan Dai, Gui-Rong Xue, Yong Yu: "Knowledge Transferring via Implicit Link Analysis". In Proceedings of the Thirteenth International Conference on Database Systems for Advanced Applications (DASFAA 2007), 2008. (pdf)
- Xiaochuan Ni, Gui-Rong Xue, Xiao Ling, Yong Yu, Qiang Yang: "Exploring in the Weblog Space by Detecting Informative and Affective Articles". In Proceedings of the 16th international conference on World Wide Web (WWW 2007), 2007. (pdf)
My first name is pronounced as Shiao.